Background/Problem Statement: How do we ensure successful planning when the presidents are mostly from certain states?
- How do we sustain participation when the president's term is over?
- Inventory of who is not coming?
- Design a program to specifically address that.
- Find faculty of that institution to take a WACUBO program.
- What are the right questions to ask?
- CFOs attend WACUBO to encourage staff to attend.
- How do we engage institutions post presidency?
- How do we diversify participation?
- How do we attract institutions that no longer attend?
- Identify 5-6 non-participating institutions and ask their CFO to serve on a panel to identify the employee of the future.
- Specific seminar or session or a day-long symposium, make them feel important.
- Modify the bylaws, include non-finance member.
- Offer HR related program without trying to compete with CUPA etc.
- Develop a demographic that we should address.
- Analyze internal PD programs in large institutions, maybe offer term at WACUBO.
- Opportunity in the networking sessions.
Timeline: Assessment of the demographic of areas of interest by the fall meeting.
Strategy It Aligns With: Focusing on Excellence in Higher Education Business & Management Practices
What Measures Will You Use: New level of participation from institutions historically didn't participate. Membership participation.
Chair/Co-Chair: Gregg Goldman and Paul Jenny