Committee Objective: The WACUBO Community College Committee acts as a liaison between the representative constituency and the WACUBO Board of Directors. This is accomplished by identifying, defining, and communicating the needs of Community College Business Officers to WACUBO. This includes advisory functions to officers and committees of WACUBO in the planning and conducting of Association programs, and includes communication to the membership of opportunities for continued professional development.
Roles and Responsibilities: Interpret needs of constituents based on data from WACUBO conducted needs assessment and environmental scanning
- Provide input to the needs assessment and environmental scan process
- Participate in the Annual Conference and Institutes planning content and faculty
- Serve as representative of respective constituent group
- Coordinate and approve scholarships (within approved budget) within constituent group
- Provide budget input to the Finance Committee
- Improve the effectiveness of the WACUBO Community College program at the Annual Meetings.
- Support and market WACUBO professional development activities as they pertain to Community Colleges and encourage community college participation.
- Increase membership and participation of Community College Officers in WACUBO activities.
- Improve the participation of Community College Business Officers at the WACUBO Annual Meeting.
- Identify and communicate with prospective WACUBO members.
- Periodically conduct a Topic of Interest survey to identify current and emerging community college issues.
- Strengthen the communication between the NACUBO/WACUBO Community College Committees.
- Increase exposure of WACUBO Community College Committee at other higher educational focused professional organizational meetings
- Sue Tavakoli, Chair
- Debbie Baker
- Linda Cordier
- Augustine Erpelding
- Debra Fitzsimons
- Brian Furuto
- Cheryl Heath
- Son Le Hughes
- Jennifer Schowengerdt