Committee Objective: Provide guidance and leadership to the ongoing work of the association and enhance board of director effectiveness by ensuring that they are focused primarily on the internal and external strategic issues of most importance to the organization.
The executive committee may not:
- Amend articles or bylaws.
- Elect or terminate officers or board members.
- Hire or fire the chief staff executive [when applicable].
- Buy, sell or lease property or approve major contracts
- Change a board approved budget.
- Approve or terminate a major program
- Execute mergers, acquisitions or partnerships
- Initiate litigation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor WACUBO operations
- Receive status reports from committees; resolve non-strategic issues raised by committees; ensure appropriate interface between committees and the board of directors.
- Direct WACUBO financial management
- Supervise financial planning and policies in conjunction with the Treasurer and the Finance Committee, direct the external audit through the Audit Committee and monitor financial performance.
- Receive and review financial reports for budget performance from the Finance Committee. Advise the board of directors on related issues.
- Review financial policies for appropriateness and organizational compliance. Advise the board of directors on related issues. Make appropriate recommendations to the board of directors.
- Direct the external audit through the Audit Committee. Review and advise the board of directors on outcomes. Make appropriate recommendations to the board of directors.
- Coordinate the work of the board and the committees
- Ensure that committee charges are fulfilled, monitor interface between committees and the board of directors.
- Ensure committees are appropriately assigned and charged.
- Monitor committees to determine that charges are fulfilled.
- Coordinate with the board of directors.
- Communicate with the board of directors
- Develop and maintain appropriate and meaningful communication with the board of directors in all of these areas.
- Provide thorough status reports of executive committee actions.
- Identify critical issues and propose processes for, or actual resolutions for board of directors' consideration.
- Direct policy implementation matters delegated by the board of directors
- Act on behalf of the entire Board of Directors whenever a meeting of the full board is not possible or when directed by the board to act on its behalf
- Work with the President to streamline the Board of Directors' meeting agenda so that it focuses on strategic thinking and policy development
- Ensure that strategic issues identified for board discussion are thoroughly researched and that appropriate questions are identified to enhance board dialogue
- Monitor and comment as necessary on the ongoing work of the association during meetings of the Board of Directors
- Lynn Valenter, President & Chair
- Cheryl Heath
- Jean Vock
- Robert Moore
- Kori Wetsel