Committee Objective: The WACUBO Small Institutions Committee acts as a liaison between their representative constituency and the WACUBO Board of Directors. This is accomplished by identifying, defining, and communicating the needs of Small Institution Business Officers to WACUBO. This includes advisory functions to officers and committees of WACUBO in the planning and conducting of Association programs, and includes communication to the membership of opportunities for continued professional development.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interpret needs of constituents based on data from WACUBO conducted needs assessment and environmental scanning
- Provide input to the needs assessment and environmental scan process
- Participate in the Annual Conference and Institutes planning content and faculty
- Serve as representative of respective constituent group
- Coordinate and approve scholarships (within approved budget) within constituent group
- Provide budget input to the Finance Committee
- Improve the effectiveness of the WACUBO Small Institutions program at the Annual Meetings by providing opportunities for the business officers of small institutions to share ideas and common problems.
- Support WACUBO professional development activities as they pertain to small institutions and encourage participation.
- Increase membership and participation of small institutions business officers in WACUBO.
- Identify and communicate with prospective WACUBO members.
- Strengthen the participation of small institutions business officers at the WACUBO Annual Meeting by conducting various events designed around the needs of the small institution business officers.
- Periodically conduct a Topic of Interest Survey to identify current and emerging small institutions issues.
- Provide regular Small Institutions Committee articles/updates for publication in the WACUBO newsletter.
- Strengthen the communication between the NACUBO/WACUBO Small Institutions Committees as well as with other regions.
- Increase exposure of WACUBO Small Institutions Committee at other higher educational focused professional organizational meetings
- Brad Baca, Chair
- Trudy Collins
- Heather Heersink
- Craig Kispert
- Jol Manilay
- Barbara Valiente
- Cheryl Wiescamp