Higher Education Budgeting Basics: Concepts, Creation, and Connections
Lisa Frace and Linda Kosten
This highly interactive workshop will focus on basic higher education budgeting concepts, budget development and management, and its connection to an organization's mission and goals. Through budgeting process case studies presented at the workshop, participants will be provided with practical tools and strategies to apply to their day-to-day work.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Explore the concepts and components of a higher education budget process
- Create a budget for a sample program or department
- Review tools and techniques for on-going budget management
- Propose and evaluate budget options through workshop case studies
- Recognize connections between the budgeting process and institutional mission and goals.
Who Should Attend:
This workshop is designed for professionals who are new to higher education, those with little exposure to budgeting, and those responsible for financial oversight in departmental and academic units and who want to enhance their knowledge in budgeting processes and fiscal stewardship.
CPE Information: Attendees will be eligible to earn approximately 7.5 CPE units in budgeting. Note: CPE's are subject to adjustment due to minor schedule modifications.