Jumbo Workshop Series: Building an Essential HR Toolkit/Unit & Academic Business Officer (UABO)
June 1 - 3, 2015 | Sacramento, CA
Embassy Suites Riverfront Promenade
During the registration process, you will have the chance to select whether you will be attending one or both workshops. If you will be attending both, you MUST select the "Jumbo" option to receive the discount.
About Building an Essential HR Toolkit
Whether you supervise others or are an individual contributor in your organization, building an essential human resources toolkit means focusing on the people side of the work equation. This highly interactive workshop offers you a day to bolster your people management skills through interactive and reflective activities. You will leave with a new network of colleagues, greater skills and a greater understanding of how to put your own development plan into action.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Assess your thinking and working styles using the Whole Brain model and explore how all styles contribute positively to the workplace.
- Explore how to create and increase team motivation.
- Discover how to master difficult conversations and of change.
About Unit & Academic Business Officer (UABO)
The world of the academic and unit business officer is changing-are you prepared? Attend this interactive workshop to build your foundation for success. Discover new ways to support and advance your organization.
- Compare and contrast the roles and responsibilities of aca- demic and unit business officers withthose of central administration.
- Raise your awareness about challenges and ethical issues faced by academic and unit business officers.
- Identify actions you can take to develop and enhance your professional competencies.
- Develop an action plan for adding value to your organization.
- Practice techniques for interacting eﬀectively with faculty, administrators, students and your peers.
- Build a network of colleagues who have similar roles and responsibilities and who face many of the same challenges and opportunities.
|Building an Essential HR Toolkit - ONLY||$225.00||$275.00|
|Unit and Academic Business Officers Program - ONLY||$350.00||$400.00|
|Both Workshops (with Discount)||$525.00||$575.00|
Cancellation Policy: Refunds will be given upon written request 30 days prior to program. No refunds will be made after this date. A $50 cancellation fee applies. Substitutions are allowed at any time at no additional charge.
If special accommodations are required, please advise at the time of your registration.
Embassy Suites Riverfront Promenade
100 Capital Mall,Sacramento, CA 95814
- For phone reservations, call 916.326.5000 and mention WACUBO.
- Rooms can be booked online.
- Room rate: $169.00 per night. Room rates are valid through May 10, 2015.
The Western Association of College and University Business Officers (WACUBO) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a Quality Assurance Service sponsor of continuing professional education. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit, Complaints regarding QAS program sponsors may be submitted to NASBA through its website:www.learningmarket.org.
- Attendees of Building an Essential HR Toolkit workshop will be eligible to earn approximately 8.0 CPE units in Business Management and Organization.
- Attendees of Unit and Academic Business Oﬃcers workshop will be eligible to earn approximately 12.0 CPE units in Business Management and Organization.
CPE hours are subject to adjustment due to minor schedule modifications.